Saturday, December 22, 2012

Open Heavens 2012-23 December-STILLING STORMS


Pst. E.A. Adeboye 23 December

STILLING STORMS

Memorise: And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, 0 ye of little faith? Matthew 8:26

If you have the grace to hear from God, it will help to keep your worries in check in the midst of storms. If you can hear from Him, no matter the storm, you will retain His peace (John 14:27). Let me share my first experience on a seven-day cruise. In the first five days, everything was fine, food was surplus and we had lots of things to enjoy. But on the sixth day, there was a storm. Our ship was a very big one with accommodation for about 3000 people. When the storm came, that big ship became like a toy. Things progressively deteriorated to a point that the captain had to assemble us and address us. He said we should not worry that there were 12 categories of storms, the first one being the smallest and the twelfth was the biggest and fiercest. He said the storm we were experiencing was in category 10. He asked us to stay in our rooms. When I got to my room I asked the Lord what I was supposed to do in that situation. The Lord asked me, "When I was in a boat and there was a storm, what did I do?" I said, "You slept". So He said "Do likewise". I slept and by the time ! woke up everything was calm and we were already at our destination in Port-Harcourt.

The Lord is still very much around, particularly in the midst of the storm. While the disciples struggled to advance for hours, their ship was stuck at mid-sea. The Lord walked on water to meet them, by the time He entered the ship, the wind ceased (Matthew 14:22-33). Sometimes, He will sleep during a storm. Sometimes, He will rebuke the storm but at other times, He will only step into the ship without saying or doing anything. In all these cases, there was always a great calm at the end. Have you allowed Jesus to step into the boat of your life? Have you given Him charge over your life? Then fear not! Are you going through a storm now? Call on the Name of  Jesus the Stiller of storms to bring calm into your stormy waters. I speak forth peace into your stormy situation now. I command every storm to be silent. Receive peace now in every area you are troubled.


ACTION POINT
Identify every storm facing you and command them to cease now in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

No comments:

Post a Comment